Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 30 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 to 6 oz. each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup flour for dredging
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup Marsala wine
2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet. While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
2. Sauté the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
3. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add the wine, stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan and cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated.
4. Add the chicken broth , chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the platter. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken to a clean serving platter and keep warm. Simmer the broth mixture until it has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||35 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.