Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Sweet Potato Latkes
1 small onion
1/4 cup matzah meal, or unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup egg substitute, or 3 egg whites
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
spray oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. Peel the potatoes and onion and coarsely grate in a food processor fitted with a shredding disk or on a box grater. Grab handfuls of the grated vegetables and squeeze tightly between your fingers to wring out as much liquid as possible.
3. Transfer the grated vegetables to a mixing bowl and stir in the matzah meal, baking powder, egg substitute, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, and plenty of salt and pepper. (The latkes should be highly seasoned.)
4. Spray the hot baking sheets with oil (or drizzle the oil on it and spread with a wooden spoon) Spoon small mounds of potato mixture onto the baking sheet to form 2-1/2 inch pancakes, leaving 1 inch between each latke.
5. Bake-fry the latkes in the oven until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes per side, turning once with a spatula. (When you turn the latkes, try to flip them onto spots on the baking sheet that still have oil.)
6. Transfer to plates or a platter and serve at once with sour cream and/or applesauce.
Serving Size: 4 latkes
Number of Servings: 4
- 34 g
- 5 g
- 4 g
- 4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 177 mg