Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
1. Mix the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl. (This can be done the night before and kept covered on the counter.)
2. Lightly beat the milk, egg, butter and honey together.
3. Add the liquid ingredients all at once to the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just moistened. Do not overmix, a few lumps are fine.
4. Warm a lightly greased griddle pan over medium heat. The pan is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on the griddle form fast-moving bubbles.
5. Pour batter onto the griddle: 1/8 cup for small or 1/4 cup for large pancakes. When the tops of the pancakes are covered with holes and the bottoms are golden brown, flip to brown the other side. Keep warm in the oven.
Serving Size: 3 small cakes
Number of Servings: 5
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.