Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
For the pork:
2 pork tenderloins
1 chipotle pepper, rehydrated, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
For the salsa:
4 tablespoons red currant jelly
1 tablespoon minced jalapeño chili pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons minced shallot
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Using a sharp knife, remove and discard any whitish silver skin and visible fat from the tenderloins.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients for the pork together in a shallow bowl. (This can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.) Add the trimmed tenderloins and marinate at room temperature while you preheat the grill or broiler to high.
3. Sear the pork on all sides on the grill or under the broiler. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 8 to 12 minutes, until the pork is just cooked through. Transfer the pork to a platter and let the meat rest for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
4. Meanwhile, thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together for the salsa in a small bowl. (This can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.)
5. Serve 3 or 4 slices of pork, garnished with a dollop of salsa and fresh cilantro sprigs.
Serving Size: 3 to 4 slices with salsa
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||32 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.