Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
For the teriyaki chicken:
3.5 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
3.5 tablespoons beer
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 4 to 6 ounces each
For the salsa:
1/3 cup diced, fresh pineapple
4 teaspoons diced red onion
2.5 tablespoons diced red pepper
1 small jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons orange juice
1. For the teriyaki marinade, combine the soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sugar, ginger and beer in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until the mixture reduces by half. Let cool.
2. Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
3. For the salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. (This can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
4. Preheat the grill or broiler.
5. Grill or broil the chicken on each side until it is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with salsa
Number of Servings: 2
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||40 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.