Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
Spring Chicken Fricassee with Asparagus and Peas
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 " lengths
1 cup shelled, fresh peas
4 cooked red potatoes, quartered
2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet. Add the wine, let it boil rapidly for a minute and stir with a wooden spoon to remove any bits that may be stuck to the pan.
4. Add the chicken broth, turn down the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet. Cook until the chicken is completely tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
6. Add the asparagus and peas to the chicken. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to heat through.
7. To serve, heat the cooked potatoes and divide them among 4 bowls. Add chicken, asparagus and peas to each bowl and spoon some of the sauce over the top.
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Number of Servings: 4
- 35 g
- 14 g
- 7 g
- 37 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 466 mg