Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in carbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 " lengths
1 cup shelled, fresh peas
4 cooked red potatoes, quartered
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the oil heats, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides. As the chicken pieces finish browning, remove them to a plate and set aside.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet. Add the wine, let it boil rapidly for a minute and stir with a wooden spoon to remove any bits that may be stuck to the pan.
4. Add the chicken broth, turn down the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet. Cook until the chicken is completely tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
6. Add the asparagus and peas to the chicken. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to heat through.
7. To serve, heat the cooked potatoes and divide them among 4 bowls. Add chicken, asparagus and peas to each bowl and spoon some of the sauce over the top.
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||14 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||37 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.