Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2/3 cup beer
6 skinless, boneless salmon fillets, 4 to 6 ounces each
For the salsa:
1 cup diced, fresh pineapple
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1 jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons orange juice
1. For the teriyaki marinade, combine the soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sugar, ginger and beer in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until the mixture reduces by half. Let cool.
2. Marinate the salmon in the teriyaki marinade, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. For the salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. (This can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
4. Preheat the grill or broiler.
5. Grill or broil the salmon on each side until it is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
Serve a few spoonfuls of salsa on top of each salmon fliet with rice on the side.
Serving Size: 1 salmon filet with salsa
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||12 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||31 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.