Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
1 mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 large shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 to 1 jalapeño chili pepper, or to taste, seeded
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
salt to taste
1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
freshly ground black pepper
4 bamboo or metal skewers
2 cups hot, cooked brown rice
1. Place the mango, shallot and jalapeņo pepper in a food processor or blender and puree. Add the lime juice and honey. Season to taste with salt and more jalapeņo pepper if desired.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Drizzle the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the mango mixture and season with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
4. Grill the skewers of shrimp on both sides until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Serve the shrimp over rice and drizzle with the remaining mango sauce.
Serving Size: 1/4 pound of shrimp with sauce
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||3 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||26 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.