Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
6 limes, juiced
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups watermelon cubes, seeds removed
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
40 dried currants
1. Warm the limes in the microwave for 30 seconds to slightly soften them (this will make them easier to juice) and then juice them.
2. Make a syrup by combining the water, sugar and 2 of the lime skulls (the peel after juicing) in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside to cool and remove the skulls.
3. Puree the watermelon cubes in a food processor or blender, then strain through a coarse strainer into the bowl containing the lime juice. Stir in the vanilla extract and cooled sugar syrup.
4. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight. (The recipe can be made up to this point and kept frozen up to 3 days in advance.)
5. When ready to serve, turn the watermelon ice cubes into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse the machine until the granita has the texture of crushed ice. Dot with the currants, making them look like watermelon seeds. Serve immediately or keep frozen until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||0 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.