Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
6 cloves garlic
splash of olive oil
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 roasted red pepper, diced
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
12 French bread slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place 4 cloves of garlic in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with a splash of olive oil. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Squeeze each clove to remove the garlic inside. Throw the skins away and mash the roasted garlic with the extra virgin olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper to make a paste. Set aside.
5. Mix the roasted pepper and parsley together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Toast the bread on both sides in a toaster oven, under the broiler or on the grill.
7. While the toasted slices are still warm, rub them with the remaining raw cloves of garlic and drizzle them with the remaining extra virgin olive oil on one side.
8. Spread each slice of bruschetta with the garlic paste and top with a spoonful of the roasted pepper mixture.
Serving Size: 1 slice of bruschetta
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.
Try This With...
- Asian Tofu and Vegetable Salad with Brown Rice
- Black Bean Soup with Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Savory Herb Meatballs With Spaghetti
- Vegetarian Black Bean Soup with Cilantro-Lime Cream