Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 7 visitors
For balsamic vinegar:
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3-4 heirloom tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil, julienned
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
12 ounces pasta, fresh or dried, such as fettuccine
1 teaspoon olive oil
Garnish: fresh basil leaves
1. Pour the vinegar and salt into a small bowl, add olive oil, garlic and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt and pepper and mix. Taste for seasoning.
2. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Toss with the balsamic vinaigrette and the julienned basil leaves. Add the mozzarella.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, bring to a boil and cook until al dente, 3 to 4 minutes for fresh pasta or according to the directions on the package.
4. Toss the pasta with 1 teaspoon of olive oil to prevent it from sticking and mix with the tomato-basil salad.
5. Divide the pasta among 4 large, warmed dinner plates. Arrange several spoonfuls of the tomato-basil salad on top.
Serving Size: 1 cup of pasta with tomatoes and mozzarella
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||13 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||8 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.