Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 green peppers, thinly sliced
4 scallions, thinly sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup cooked corn kernels
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
6 whole wheat flour tortillas
1/4 cup prepared salsa, or more to taste, drained of excess moisture
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. can help add the peppers and scallions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
3. can mix the pepper and scallion mixture with the remaining ingredients, except the salsa and tortillas. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
4. can lay the tortillas out on a counter. Make it a and spread 1/6 of the mixture down the middle of each of the tortillas leaving a 2-inch border at the bottom edge. Spread a spoonful of salsa on top. Roll up the tortillas halfway, fold in the ends and then continue rolling until they form a thick cylinder.
5. Set the quesadillas, seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, flip the quesadillas, and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||9 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.