Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
3 tablespoons dry sherry, or water
1 pound beef flank steak, sliced across the grain into 2" pieces
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
3 parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
2 teaspoons peanut oil
6 cups spinach, washed, stems removed
6 cups cooked white or brown rice
1. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili paste and sherry and pour over the meat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Toss in the carrots and parsnips and cook for about 2 minutes and quickly remove with a slotted spoon. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
4. Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Stir-fry the beef until it is just browned, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and parsnips to the pan and toss quickly in the hot pan.
5. Add the remaining marinade and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add the spinach and cook until it is just barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
7. Meanwhile, heat the rice in the microwave (if necessary). Arrange a ring of rice on the center of each plate and serve the stir-fry in the middle of the rice.
Serving Size: 4 ounces of beef with vegetables and rice
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||32 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.