Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
Stir-Fried Beef with Fall Vegetables
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
2 tablespoons dry sherry, or water
2/3 pound beef flank steak, sliced across the grain into 2" pieces
2 carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
2 parsnips peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
1 teaspoon peanut oil
4 cups spinach, washed and stems removed
6 cups cooked white or brown rice
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Toss in the carrots and parsnips and cook for about 2 minutes and quickly remove with a slotted spoon. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
4. Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Stir-fry the beef until just browned, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and parsinps to the pan and toss quickly in the hot pan.
5. Add the remaining marinade and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add the spinach and cook until it is just barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
7. Meanwhile, heat the rice in the microwave (if necessary). Arrange a ring of rice on the center of each plate and serve the stir-fry in the middle of the rice.
Serving Size: 4 ounces of beef with vegetables and rice
Number of Servings: 4
- 53 g
- 8 g
- 6 g
- 32 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 230 mg