2. Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade and stir to blend. Place the tuna cubes in the marinade for 5 minutes before searing.
3. Rinse the rice and let it dry in a colander.
4. In a medium saucepot, caramelize the onions with the clarified butter.
5. Add the rice and stir over medium heat for five minutes.
6. Add 2 cups of water and 1/2 of the coconut milk.
7. Bring the rice to a boil and cover.
8. Reduce the heat to medium-low and check after 10 minutes.
9. Add the remaining coconut milk, cover and let stand for another 5 minutes.
Searing the tuna:
10. Heat a large sauté pan or wok.
11. When the pan begins to smoke, add 2 tbsp. of canola oil. (You may want to disable your smoke alarm while cooking this, as it will likely go off due to the smoke in the pan)
12. Quickly sear the tuna for 15 seconds. Don't stir (this helps the tuna caramelize).
13. Transfer the tuna from the pan into a warm bowl.
For the cilantro emulsion:
14. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender on high until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
For the presentation:
15. Pack a ring mold half way with coconut rice. Add the tuna on top.
Note: If using a small coffee cup or rocks glass make sure to lightly oil, place tuna in first (so it will be on top) then add coconut rice and PACK TIGHTLY.
16. Invert onto the center of a plate and then drizzle the cilantro emulsion on top.
17. Garnish with the diced cucumber and macadamia nuts.