freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups
, fresh or canned
low-sodium turkey or
1 16-ounce can
, drained and rinsed
1. Combine the ancho peppers, garlic, paprika, cumin, clove, black pepper, salt and 1/2 cup of the tomatoes in a food processor. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.
3. Add the turkey and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the ancho chili mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, roast the ears of corn under a hot broiler until the corn is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the corn cool and cut the kernals from the cob.
7. Add the corn and beans to the turkey mixture, heat thoroughly and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin