(if using canned, use unsalted)
, or to taste
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the mustard seeds and shake the pan to keep them from burning. Once they begin to pop (like popcorn), lower the heat and add the olive oil and onions.
2. Cook the onions for about 5 minutes until they turn golden, then add the garlic and cook until the garlic begins to soften. Add the tomatoes, stock, and if desired, the Dijon mustard. Simmer for about 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.
3. Rinse the scallops and remove the thick, tough muscle on the side of the scallops. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
4. Add the scallops to the tomato sauce and turn up the heat to medium. Cook the scallops in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain.
6. Transfer the pasta to a warm bowl and serve with the sauce.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin