2. Rehydrate the cranberries by combining them with the apple cider in a microwave safe bowl and microwave them for 1 minute. Leave the cranberries in the hot cider and set them aside.
3. Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
4. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the cinnamon and allspice.
5. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Drain the cranberries and discard the liquid.
6. Stir in half of the flour mixture. Stir in the applesauce and cranberries. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake until the loaves are golden brown and set in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.