2. Place the oats and nuts on a separate, unsprayed baking sheet and toast until golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a medium bowl.
4. Combine the egg whites, grated apple, applesauce, brown sugar, sugars, oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Add the raisins and toasted oats and walnuts.
5. Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets by tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake the cookies one pan at a time until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks for 3 minutes before removing them from the pan. Cool cookies completely before serving.
These cookies can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.