2. Drain the tofu in a colander over a bowl in the refrigerator.
3. Remove the tofu from the colander and place in a bowl with the marinade. Marinate for at least 2 to 3 hours for the tofu to absorb the marinade flavor.
4. Remove the tofu from the marinade. Reserve the marinade to use with the vegetables.
5. Preheat the grill to medium.
6. When the grill is hot, toss the vegetables in the marinade for about 5 seconds. Place the vegetables on a grill-pan and toss for about 3 minutes until the vegetables begin to wilt and brown.
7. Place the tofu slices on the grill and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until the tofu is golden brown. Set aside to cool.
8. While the tofu is cooling, grill the scallion until golden. Place the scallions on a plate and squeeze the lime and soy sauce over them.
For the sandwich:
9. To assemble the open-faced sandwich, toast the bread and top with a lettuce leaf and slice of tomato. Place the tofu and scallion and the grilled vegetables on top.