Basic Chicken Stock
(see recipe), or low-sodium canned
1. Heat the peanut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Puree in a blender and strain.
6. Add the dill if desired.
7. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin