2. Add the kumquats to the boiling water and cook for about 20 seconds. Remove, pat dry and slice thinly.
3. Gently wash and dry the bibb lettuce and watercress leaves.
4. Peel the grapefruit and remove the sections.
5. Peel the avocado and slice into sections.
6. Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl and whisk to combine. Gently toss the watercress, bibb lettuce and fruit with the vinaigrette.
7. Make a bed of bibb lettuce and watercress leaves on each plate. Arrange the grapefruit and avocado sections on top. Place the kumquat slices in the center.