1. Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle with salt and drain cut side down in a colander, for about 10 minutes. Then dry them well with paper towels.
2. Heat half the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Cook the tomato halves, 4 to 6 at a time, cut side down for about 5 minutes or until golden.
3. Place tomatoes in a lightly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and a little of the parsley and spread atop the tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.