2. Bring 1/2 gallon of salted water to boil. Add the ziti and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add the ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and brown. Drain off the excess fat.
4. Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
5. In a large mixing bowl, toss the ziti, meat sauce, basil and ricotta cheese together. Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle with the grated cheeses. (This can be made ahead and stored unbaked in the refrigerator up to 2 days, or it can be frozen.)
6. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and brown and the dish is thoroughly heated, about 15 to 20 minutes; bake longer if the dish has been refrigerated.