1. Place a shallow metal colander inside a heavy-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting lid. If the colander's holes are big enough for the couscous to fall through, line it with a piece of dampened cheesecloth. Add an inch of water to the pot. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine the couscous with the oil and stir well.
3. Pour the couscous into the colander, cover and steam for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove the colander from the pot, pour the couscous into the bowl and stir in the cold water, breaking up all lumps with a fork. Return the mixture to the colander, set it in the pot and steam an additional 15-20 minutes.
5. Transfer the couscous to the bowl once again, stir in the salt and hot water, breaking up the lumps with a fork.
6. Pour the couscous back into the colander, cover and steam until tender, about 20 minutes.Serving Size: 1/2 cup