, sliced or crumbled
lower sodium, lean
, rinsed well (not the canned variety)
, quartered, steamed
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the sausage. Brown well, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Add the beef and ham to the skillet and brown on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan heat the canola oil over a medium heat and sauté the onions until translucent, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the paprika over the onions and cook, stirring until thick and the raw aroma is gone.
3. Add the sauerkraut, stock, bay leaves, thyme, parsley sprigs, and caraway seeds and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
4. Add the sausage, beef and ham and continue cooking for 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the stew with the steamed new potatoes.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin