2. Remove the tops and tails from the beets. Place them in an ovenproof casserole dish with 1/4 cup of the raspberry vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the honey and oil. Add water until the liquid covers about half of the beets. Cover with foil and bake for about an hour (longer if beets are larger). The beets should be tender throughout when pierced with a knife.
3. Whisk the shallots, remaining raspberry vinegar and honey, and salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle the grapeseed oil in while whisking. Add the orange zest.
4. While the beets are still warm, peel and cut them into eighths. (the beets can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
5. Toss the beets with about 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette. (Reserve any remaining vinaigrette in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
6. Arrange the beets on a platter and garnish with baby greens.