peeled, seeded and diced
, soaked overnight in water to cover
, diced, about 3 cups
For the Avocado Salsa:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
For the Black Bean Soup:
2. Drain the beans and rinse. Place these in a large pot and cover with fresh water or chicken stock. Add the bacon.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over moderate heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic cloves, cinnamon and cumin and cook for 2 minutes longer.
4. Add the onion mixture to the beans. Bring to a boil and simmer about 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are very soft. Puree the soup. Adjust the seasoning.
5. Ladle the soup in to bowls. Add a dollop of sour cream to each bowl and a scoop of avocado salsa.
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin