Basic Chicken Stock
(see recipe), or low-sodium canned
extra virgin olive oil
,cut into 1/2" cubes
red wine vinegar
,peeled and finely sliced
,finely sliced on the diagonal
1. Bring the stock to a boil and simmer until it has reduced by half. Refrigerate until well chilled.
2. Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets in boiling salted water until slightly cooked but still crunchy, about 1 minute. Plunge the florets into ice water, strain, and refrigerate.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until transparent, not brown, about 1 minute.
4. Add the zucchini and cook until the skin turns bright green but is still firm, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and chill.
5. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to the cold stock. Add all the vegetables and herbs and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Divide the soup among 16 bowls. Top with the radicchio and arugula. Serve.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 16
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin