1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the shallots for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft but not dark in color.
2. Add the tomatoes, corn and jalapeño pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cumin and sugar, and cook 1 more minute.
3. Add the vinegar and cook until the liquid reduces slightly.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the Broiled Salmon:
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Brush the fillets with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning only once. Thin fillets take less time, thicker fillets take more.
4. Divide the Sizzle of Corn and Tomatoes among 6 warm plates. Put the fillets on top of the corn. Serve immediately.