1 1/4 pounds
canned, chopped, Italian
1. Place the mushrooms in a microwave safe bowl and add 1 cup of water. Microwave on low power for 1 minute and let stand for 5 minutes. Lift the mushrooms from the liquid and rinse them under cold water to remove any grit. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve lined with a paper towel and reserve the liquid.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. While the oil heats, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides.
3. Add the wine, let it boil rapidly for a minute and stir with a wooden spoon to remove any bits that may be stuck to the pan.
4. Add the mushrooms, reserved liquid and the tomatoes. Turn down the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet. Cook until the chicken is completely tender, about 10 minutes. Taste the cooking liquid and adjust the salt and pepper.
5. Divide the barley among 4 bowls and spoon the chicken mixture over the top.
Serving Size: 1 bowl with barley
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin