, fresh or canned
ground beef sirloin
, drained and rinsed (about 1 1/3 cups)
1. Combine the ancho peppers, garlic, paprika, cumin, clove, black pepper, salt and 1/3 cup of the tomatoes in a food processor. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.
3. Add the beef and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the ancho chili mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the beans to the beef mixture and heat thoroughly.
7. Garnish with sour cream, onions and shredded cheese and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin