coarsely chopped ripe
, or to taste
diced red bell
seeded and diced
(ideally lemon cucumber)
1. Using a food mill, puree the tomatoes. A food mill is preferred because a blender or food processor tends to incorporate too much air. In using the food mill, move from the coarsest to the finest blade, depending on the texture you desire.
2. Discard the tomato skins and seeds.
3. Correct the seasoning with the vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Cover and refrigerate until very cold.
5. In a bowl, gently combine the relish ingredients. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. To serve, ladle soup into chilled soup bowls. Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of the Summer Relish in the center and garnish with sliced avocado fans, a drizzle of creme fraiche or yogurt and a few drops of basil oil.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat