1. Shuck the corn (or use frozen), cutting the kernels from the cob and reserving the cobs. There should be approximately 6 cups of kernels.
2. In a 4-quart saucepan on medium heat, bring 2 cups of the chicken stock, 2 cups of water and the reserved cobs to a boil. Add 3 cups of kernels. Boil uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, puree the cooled and cooked corn kernels in their liquid.
3. In an 8-quart heavy bottomed kettle, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and sweat for 5 minutes or until just translucent. Add the remaining 3 cups corn kernels, sauté for 2 minutes. Add the 2 cups chicken stock, 2 cups water and bring to a rolling boil. Continue cooking for 5 minutes then reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Prepare a nonstick pan with cooking spray and add the minced red pepper. Saute on medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. To finish off the chowder, add the pureed corn, Parmesan cheese, Canadian bacon, yogurt, bell pepper, lemon zest, fresh thyme and salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly. You may need to add more salt to taste. Serve immediately.Serving Size: 1 bowl