1. Place the rice in a large, deep bowl and cover with water. Drain and repeat until the water runs clear. Run your fingers through the rice several times to fluff the kernels.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy saucepan. Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions become translucent but not brown. Stir in the curry powder.
3. Add the rice and the stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to sit, covered for 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin