or vegetable broth
, peeled and chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the bay leaf, oregano and stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the eggplant and simmer until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Blend the Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin