1 1/2 cups
, or water
1 1/2 cups
Fiesta Salsa (see recipe)
, peeled and deveined
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rice, stirring occasionally, until golden and crackling, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the onion and serrano chili peppers and cook until the onions just soften. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the broth and Fiesta Salsa and mix to combine.
3. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, cover with foil and bake until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 30-40 minutes
4. While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
5. Add the garlic, peanut oil and ginger, and stir quickly for 30 seconds.
6. Raise the heat to high and add the shrimp, stirring quickly until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Toss the shrimp in with the rice and serve hot.
Serving Size: about 1 cup of rice with shrimp
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin