, soaked in 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes then drained
1 1/2 cups
, tarragon or basil
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the grated vegetables, garlic and cumin and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has evaporated, 10 to 15 minutes. Do not let the vegetables brown. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
2. Press the water out of the oats. Stir the oats into the vegetable mixture with the remaining ingredients. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
3. With wet hands form the mixture into 8 thick burgers. Arrange the burgers on a plate spread with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
4. Pre-heat the grill.
5. Spray the grill grate with non-stick cooking spray and grill the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Alternatively, arrange the burgers on an oiled, non-stick baking sheet, lightly spray the tops with oil and broil. To sauté, add a teaspoon or 2 of oil to a non-stick skillet. Cook the burgers over medium heat until crusty. Whichever method you use, you'll need about 4 to 6 minutes per side cooking time. Turn the burgers with a spatula as gently as you can.
5. Serve the burgers on rolls with onions, tomatoes, lettuce and your favorite condiments.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin