1. In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the fruit and cook until it begins to soften slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the maple syrup and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, set aside and keep warm.
For the French toast:
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. (This can be done ahead and refrigerated overnight.)
4. Spray a griddle or large frying pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
5. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture until moistened. Place the soaked slices on the griddle. Discard any excess egg mixture.
6. When the bottoms are golden brown, flip with a spatula and brown the other side.
7. Serve the French toast topped with the blueberry sizzle.