or vegetable broth
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the bay leaf, thyme and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove and discard the outer shell of each fava bean and add the beans to the soup pot. Simmer until the beans are bright green and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Blend the cilantro and sour cream together and set aside.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of cilantro cream.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin