lettuce, washed and torn into bit-sized pieces
For the ginger-soy vinaigrette:
1. Place the shallots, vinegar and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the peanut oil and ginger. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the grilled chicken:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the chicken on both sides until it is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breasts. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool.
(The chicken can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the green salad:
1. Slice the chicken breasts into strips and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the orange sections and half of the ginger-soy vinaigrette.
2. Place the romaine lettuce in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the chicken and orange mixture on top. Garnish with the almonds.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with salad
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin
Vitamin B3 - Niacin