1. Finely chop the rosemary, garlic and lemon zest together into a fine paste. Add the pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Rub the paste on both sides of each lamb chop. (This can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.)
2. Preheat the broiler to high.
3. Remove the stem end of each tomato. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and toss them with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the olive oil.
4. Arrange the lamb chops in the center of a broiling pan and the tomatoes around the chops. Place the pan in the oven and broil the chops for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until they are just pink in the center and the tomatoes are soft.
5. Let the chops stand at room temperature for a minute or two before serving.Serving Size: 2 chops and 2 tomatoes