2. Drain the soaked beans. Place the beans in a pot and cover with fresh water. Simmer until tender, about 40 minutes to an hour. Drain.
3. Mix the beans, ginger, ginger juice, scallion and tamari together in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes to develop its full flavor.
4. Meanwhile, season the scallops with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat.
6. Add the scallops to the hot pan and sear for about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with the adzuki beans garnished with the avocado slices.