1 1/2 tablespoons
green leaf lettuce
, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
red bell pepper
, stemmed, seeded and diced
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
1. Place the shallots and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the grilled chicken:
1. Spray the grill grate with nonstick cooking spray and then preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the chicken on both sides until it is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and let cool.
(The chicken can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the green salad:
1. Slice the chicken breasts into strips and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the black olives, red bell pepper and half of the balsamic vinaigrette.
2. Place the lettuce in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the chicken, black olive and red bell pepper mixture on top and serve.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with salad
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin
Vitamin B3 - Niacin