leaves, plus a few for garnishing (about 1 large bunch)
1. In a large resealable bag, combine the balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of the basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts, seal the bag and turn it over a few times until the chicken is evenly coated. (This can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.)
2. For the sun-dried tomato pesto, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic and the remaining 1/4 cup basil leaves in a food processor. Process until the mixture is finely ground. Add the Parmesan cheese, the remaining olive oil, sugar, chicken broth and pepper and process for a few more seconds to combine. (This can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
3. Preheat the oven to medium-high.
4. Grill the chicken on each side until the it is cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
5. Serve each chicken breast with a dollop of the sun-dried tomato pesto and garnish with basil leaves.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with pesto
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin
Vitamin B3 - Niacin