low-fat or non-fat plain
fresh lime juice
1. For the chicken: Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken on the grill or under the broiler and cook until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
5. In the meantime, peel, core and chop the avocado. Place the avocado in a clean bowl and toss it with the lime juice quickly so that it doesn't discolor. Add the tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Add the jalapeño peppers and salt to taste.
6. Serve the salsa on top of the chicken with the warm tortillas on the side.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin
Vitamin B3 - Niacin