1 1/2 cup
canned or fresh crushed
, peeled and deveined
For the pineapple salsa:
1. Place the pineapple, jalapeño pepper and red pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with lime juice and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For the grilled shrimp:
2. Combine the coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Add the shrimp, toss to coat the shrimp evenly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Preheat the grill to medium.
4. Remove the shrimp from the coconut mixture. Season with salt and pepper and place 5 shrimp on each skewer.
5. Place the skewers on the grill and cook until the shrimp are just done, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
6. To serve, spoon some Basmati Rice on each plate, remove the shrimp from the skewer and top with the salsa. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Serving Size: 5 shrimp with 3/4 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of salsa
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin