2. Add the olive oil to the bowl and microwave on low heat for about 2 minutes to produce flavored oil. Let cool.
3. Marinade the scallops in half of the flavored oil and half of the lime juice in the refrigerator for one hour.
4. Pre-heat the grill.
5. Lay the 18 strips of ham out on a work surface. Place a basil leaf on top of each strip of ham. Place a scallop on top of the basil and roll the ham and basil around the scallop.
6. Place each wrapped scallop on the grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. The scallops are done when they are firm to the touch but not rubbery.
7. Remove from heat, sprinkle with the remaining flavored oil and lime juice.