1 1/2 pounds
stew meat, cubed
6 to 8 small
, or low sodium canned
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a stew pot.
2. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium-high. Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Sear the lamb cubes well on all sides.
4. Add the red wine, bay leaf and thyme. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 25 minutes.
5. Add the artichokes, stock and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Add the cooked lentils and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin
Vitamin B3 - Niacin