1. Heat the olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, keeping the heat low so the garlic doesn't burn.
2. Add the skim milk, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Increase the heat and bring the milk to a boil.
3. Slowly, pour the cornmeal into the hot milk, whisking constantly. After all the cornmeal has been added, cook 3 to 4 minutes more, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and slowly stir in the grated cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Serving Size: 1/2 cup