green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
red onion, peeled and finely diced
red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
fresh rosemary, minced
fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons
minced anchovy fillet
extra-virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar, or juice from 1 lemon
freshly cracked black pepper
French bread, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
ripe tomato, cored and cut in half
crumbled blue cheese
coarsely ground almonds (optional)
For the relish:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until needed. (Can be made 1-2 days in advance.)
For the toasts:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Brush top of each piece lightly with oil, and rub with cut piece of garlic.
3. Sprinkle sparingly with salt and bake until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
4. Slice tomato into 1/4-inch thick half moons.
5. When toasts are ready, top with tomato slice and about 2 teaspoons relish. If using, sprinkle blue cheese and almonds on top, garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 2 slices of bruschetta
Number of Servings: 8
Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)
Percent Calories from Protein
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate
Percent Calories from Fat
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin